Day Treatment Programs
Day Programs - Partial Hospital Programs (PHP) and Intensive Outpatient programs (IOP) tend to be helpful for those individuals who require daily involvement in a therapeutic environment for a limited time depending on personal need. The programs are an excellent resource for those who have been hospitalized yet require additional support to maintain symptom relief. The programs can also replace hospitalization for those who require more than an occasional therapeutic visit and wish to remain at home rather than in a hospital.
Day Programs allow individuals to work out personal issues, practice stress management and coping skills while living at home and interacting with familiar people. Family members and friends can be involved more easily with the individual throughout the treatment process.
Problems addressed in the Day Programs are:
- Mental health problems such as: Depression, anxiety, bi-polar disorder, schizophrenia, stress or related conditions
- Mental health issues associated with health problems such as: dialysis, liver monitoring, organ transplant, life threatening illnesses such as cancer, diabetes, Parkinson's Disease, cardiovascular disease, hypertension, stroke, or chronic and disabling pain
Day Programs Include
Distinguished Elders Day Program - Addresses issues such as adjusting to retirement, moving from home, loss of spouse, loss of mobility or independence and other changes such as a change in lifestyle, chronic illness, chronic pain and abuse of medications and/or alcohol.
Wellness Day Program - Addresses issues such as struggling with chronic illness and disease, heart disease, stroke, cancer, kidney failure, diabetes, blindness, multiple sclerosis, and chronic pain.
Skill Building Day Program - Addresses issues such as struggling with chronic mental illness or substance abuse, managing suicidal thoughts and other self-destructive behaviors, managing physical pain, using the mind to enhance wellness, proper use of physical therapy and medication or working through family conflicts.
- Most essential is our core competence in recovery. We maintain an experienced team advancing our company-wide objective for highly applicable and cost effective mental health treatment.
- We know how to manage a crisis. We provide a rapid response to any situation as we can quickly evaluate the problem stabilize the condition and anticipate a positive outcome.
- We apply our skills and expertise to help motivate individuals and groups to work together for the betterment of communities.
- Our client community is diverse and varied. This diversity is reflected in our treatment staff allowing for healthy therapeutic relationships to develop.
- We understand that other people's feelings are central to emotional well-being. Modeling this philosophy is essential for success. Our treatment programs focus on social awareness - the ability to understand and respond to the needs of others.
What Our Clients Say
Everyone made me feel welcome; the staff and clients from my first day. If I felt lost or confused I was pointed in the right direction or was given information to answer my questions. I had time to get adjusted to everything without feeling hurried.
All aspects of the program were special. The staff was kind well trained professional and experienced. Treatment was tailored to each person’s needs complemented by group therapy. My transformation has been wonderful.
InnerWisdom provided an approach to treatment that renewed my spirit mind and body. I would recommend the program to any of my family and friends. The environment is nurturing for anyone needing an environment for recovery.
I am very grateful that my treatment was at InnerWisdom Inc. This place is very special and that is because of the staff and caring environment.
Fabulous treatment program! Can’t put into words how grateful I am to have had the opportunity to come here.
Inner Wisdom has a Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) where patients meet in groups with a therapist on a daily schedule. Patients have a variety of mental illness diagnoses including Bipolar Disorder Schizoaffective disorder Schizophrenia and substance abuse which interfere with their ability to live a full and productive life. Students will have the opportunity to shadow therapists facilitate therapy groups and Psychoeducation groups meet individually with patients and understand the case management required by Medicare and private insurance companies. Students work under a variety of therapists and can observe different styles and strengths. A strong team approach is encouraged. Students have the opportunity to get direct experience with patients and to use their skills creatively in offering therapy.
Former Student Intern