This term describes the kind of terror, dread or panic that overwhelms anxiety sufferers when they are faced with a feared object, situation, or activity. Many common phobias are familiar such as a fear of snakes, enclosed spaces, leaving home, and flying on airplanes.
Other phobias are less well known. Something as simple as lunch may be difficult for someone with a fear of eating in front of others. Agoraphobia, the fear of being in a public space with no escape, like a bus or a crowded store, can leave a person homebound.
Other phobias, such as a fear of taking tests, speaking before a crowd, using a public rest-room, or riding in the back seat of an automobile are more common, but debilitating, none the less. Phobias are treatable with a combination of medication, psychotherapy and behavior modification.
Symptoms of a phobia are:
- Persistent fear that is unreasonable, and is triggered by the presence of an object or situation
- Exposure or anticipation to an object that provokes an immediate anxiety response
- Avoidance of the feared object or situation which is intense and distressful
- Inability to touch, eat or handle certain objects
- Can be a symptom of other mental disorders such as obsessive-compulsive disorder, post traumatic stress disorder, or separation anxiety
- Most essential is our core competence in recovery. We maintain an experienced team advancing our company-wide objective for highly applicable and cost effective mental health treatment.
- We know how to manage a crisis. We provide a rapid response to any situation as we can quickly evaluate the problem stabilize the condition and anticipate a positive outcome.
- We apply our skills and expertise to help motivate individuals and groups to work together for the betterment of communities.
- Our client community is diverse and varied. This diversity is reflected in our treatment staff allowing for healthy therapeutic relationships to develop.
- We understand that other people's feelings are central to emotional well-being. Modeling this philosophy is essential for success. Our treatment programs focus on social awareness - the ability to understand and respond to the needs of others.
What Our Clients Say
Everyone made me feel welcome; the staff and clients from my first day. If I felt lost or confused I was pointed in the right direction or was given information to answer my questions. I had time to get adjusted to everything without feeling hurried.
All aspects of the program were special. The staff was kind well trained professional and experienced. Treatment was tailored to each person’s needs complemented by group therapy. My transformation has been wonderful.
InnerWisdom provided an approach to treatment that renewed my spirit mind and body. I would recommend the program to any of my family and friends. The environment is nurturing for anyone needing an environment for recovery.
I am very grateful that my treatment was at InnerWisdom Inc. This place is very special and that is because of the staff and caring environment.
Fabulous treatment program! Can’t put into words how grateful I am to have had the opportunity to come here.
Inner Wisdom has a Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) where patients meet in groups with a therapist on a daily schedule. Patients have a variety of mental illness diagnoses including Bipolar Disorder Schizoaffective disorder Schizophrenia and substance abuse which interfere with their ability to live a full and productive life. Students will have the opportunity to shadow therapists facilitate therapy groups and Psychoeducation groups meet individually with patients and understand the case management required by Medicare and private insurance companies. Students work under a variety of therapists and can observe different styles and strengths. A strong team approach is encouraged. Students have the opportunity to get direct experience with patients and to use their skills creatively in offering therapy.
Former Student Intern