Psychiatric illnesses are treatable. This is good news. Some psychiatric illnesses respond to treatment better than others, but each illness can be successfully treated with a combination of several different techniques. Different methods of treatment and medications may be used to treat different illnesses and each illness has its own set of symptoms and methods of management.
Anxiety and depression are among the most common forms of mental illness. They are also the most undiagnosed symptoms seen by medical professionals making, them the most undertreated medical conditions of all times. Other mental illness also show some degree of both anxiety and depression. People with chronic, debilitating or life threatening illnesses have these symptoms as well. They are treatable by a combination of medication and psychotherapy.
Individuals may see their medical professional for what they perceive as a medical condition, however the medical condition may have its roots in a chronic depressive disorder or other mental process. Professionals may not ask the right questions ("Are you depressed?") and individuals may be embarrassed in admitting the symptoms. The disorder goes untreated and the medical condition worsens. Treating depression will actually affect the course the medical condition takes. Change your mind and change your overall wellbeing. It works!
Substance abuse and other addictions are grouped under the mental illness category. An addiction may often be seen in individuals with a mental illness, but an addiction itself can also be the primary problem and not associated with a mental illness.
If you would like to learn more about a particular illness, please click the link that interests you.
- Most essential is our core competence in recovery. We maintain an experienced team advancing our company-wide objective for highly applicable and cost effective mental health treatment.
- We know how to manage a crisis. We provide a rapid response to any situation as we can quickly evaluate the problem stabilize the condition and anticipate a positive outcome.
- We apply our skills and expertise to help motivate individuals and groups to work together for the betterment of communities.
- Our client community is diverse and varied. This diversity is reflected in our treatment staff allowing for healthy therapeutic relationships to develop.
- We understand that other people's feelings are central to emotional well-being. Modeling this philosophy is essential for success. Our treatment programs focus on social awareness - the ability to understand and respond to the needs of others.
What Our Clients Say
Everyone made me feel welcome; the staff and clients from my first day. If I felt lost or confused I was pointed in the right direction or was given information to answer my questions. I had time to get adjusted to everything without feeling hurried.
All aspects of the program were special. The staff was kind well trained professional and experienced. Treatment was tailored to each person’s needs complemented by group therapy. My transformation has been wonderful.
InnerWisdom provided an approach to treatment that renewed my spirit mind and body. I would recommend the program to any of my family and friends. The environment is nurturing for anyone needing an environment for recovery.
I am very grateful that my treatment was at InnerWisdom Inc. This place is very special and that is because of the staff and caring environment.
Fabulous treatment program! Can’t put into words how grateful I am to have had the opportunity to come here.
Inner Wisdom has a Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) where patients meet in groups with a therapist on a daily schedule. Patients have a variety of mental illness diagnoses including Bipolar Disorder Schizoaffective disorder Schizophrenia and substance abuse which interfere with their ability to live a full and productive life. Students will have the opportunity to shadow therapists facilitate therapy groups and Psychoeducation groups meet individually with patients and understand the case management required by Medicare and private insurance companies. Students work under a variety of therapists and can observe different styles and strengths. A strong team approach is encouraged. Students have the opportunity to get direct experience with patients and to use their skills creatively in offering therapy.
Former Student Intern