Wellness Day Program
Day Programs for Chronic Mental Illness and Co-Occurring Physical/Mental/Substance Use Illnesses
Everyone needs someone at some point in their lives. Everyone feels hopeless and alone once-in-awhile. The experience of living with a chronic medical, mental health or chemical abuse illness can dramatically alter an individual's outlook on life. In addition to a physical or cognitive disability, a prolonged illness can impact one's emotional well being, financial status, and interpersonal relationships.
However, a chronic illness does not always have to be a negative life experience. The restrictions imposed by the illness cause some afflicted individuals to reevaluate their lives. Chronically ill persons who learn to focus their available energy and resources toward meaningful goals often uncover previously unknown talents, abilities, and strength of character.
InnerWisdom believes strongly in the concept of wellness as it relates to the complete health and well being of an individual. By providing a program and Clinical Activities that combine several different aspects of a wellness curriculum, individuals can acquire a variety of new and useful tools that will assist them in their everyday living situations.
The Wellness Partial Hospital Program is comprised of group therapy and educational classes facilitated by professional therapists, nurses and doctors, and involve assisting individuals with various health-centered topics. Improving mental and physical health and attitude, providing for the needs of chronically ill people, the mind/body connection and how attitudes affect health, understanding different medical treatment, fulfilling spiritual needs, developing skills to live with the chronic condition, are only a few of the targeted topics.
In addition, there are a variety of additional services and medical professionals on staff at InnerWisdom, Inc. Each client that participates in the programs and services has the opportunity to access these professionals and services. The specialties that are available at InnerWisdom, Inc. are, but not limited to:
Psychiatric Treatment Programs Include
- 24 hour crisis assistance
- Individual Counseling for adults, adolescents, couples and families
- Psychiatry: psychiatrist; nurse practitioners
- Primary Medicine/Internal Medicine in partnership - on site
- Endocrinology in partnership - on site
- Podiatry in partnership - on site
- Optometry in partnership - on site
- Pain Management in partnership with community services
- Transportation to and from home
- Food distribution through partnership with Houston Food Bank
- Social Services such as Food Stamps in partnership with community services
- ID and Birth Certificates through partnership with Lord of the Streets
- 12 step support programs and referrals
- Referrals to community services; assistance with appointments
- Job Training through partnership with Texas Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services (DARS)
- Physical Therapy – by referral
- Home Health – by referral
- Housing – by referral
- Dental – by referral
- In-patient hospital care – by referral
- Most essential is our core competence in recovery. We maintain an experienced team, advancing our company-wide objective for highly applicable and cost effective mental health treatment.
- We know how to manage a crisis. We provide a rapid response to any situation as we can quickly evaluate the problem, stabilize the condition and anticipate a positive outcome.
- We apply our skills and expertise to help motivate individuals and groups to work together for the betterment of communities.
- Our client community is diverse and varied. This diversity is reflected in our treatment staff, allowing for healthy therapeutic relationships to develop.
- We understand that other people's feelings are central to emotional well-being. Modeling this philosophy is essential for success. Our treatment programs focus on social awareness - the ability to understand and respond to the needs of others.
What Our Clients Say
Everyone made me feel welcome; the staff and clients, from my first day. If I felt lost or confused, I was pointed in the right direction or was given information to answer my questions. I had time to get adjusted to everything without feeling hurried.
All aspects of the program were special. The staff was kind, well trained, professional, and experienced. Treatment was tailored to each person’s needs, complemented by group therapy. My transformation has been wonderful.
InnerWisdom provided an approach to treatment that renewed my spirit, mind, and body. I would recommend the program to any of my family and friends. The environment is nurturing for anyone needing an environment for recovery.
I am very grateful that my treatment was at InnerWisdom, Inc. This place is very special and that is because of the staff and caring environment.
Fabulous treatment program! Can’t put into words how grateful I am to have had the opportunity to come here.
Inner Wisdom has a Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) where patients meet in groups with a therapist on a daily schedule. Patients have a variety of mental illness diagnoses, including Bipolar Disorder, Schizoaffective disorder, Schizophrenia, and substance abuse, which interfere with their ability to live a full and productive life. Students will have the opportunity to shadow therapists, facilitate therapy groups and Psychoeducation groups, meet individually with patients, and understand the case management required by Medicare and private insurance companies. Students work under a variety of therapists and can observe different styles and strengths. A strong team approach is encouraged. Students have the opportunity to get direct experience with patients and to use their skills creatively in offering therapy.
Former Student Intern