Program and Services
InnerWisdom, Inc. provides quality programs in an outpatient setting by identifying the proper and most effective methods and services to use with each individual. We do this within a holistic format, not limiting our methods of treatment to only a few. The basic philosophy from which we operate is that the body, mind and spirit are a unified whole, and cannot be treated independently one from the other.
InnerWisdom, Inc. is a full service, outpatient mental health facility. This means that we provide therapeutic programs to all populations of individuals who require treatment other than inpatient hospitalization. Although the Partial Hospital Programsare intense and highly structured, like that of inpatient hospital treatment, they are provided on an outpatient basis, allowing individuals to remain living at home during treatment. The less intense, Intensive Outpatient Programs and Outpatient Therapy and Psychiatric Services are provided to allow individuals to continue the therapeutic process after discharge from a Treatment Program or provide therapeutic intervention on a less intense basis.
Partial Hospital Programs (PHP) and Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP) are similar in nature, however the PHP is used for patients who require more intense treatment - five to seven days a week, depending on their level of need, acuity and psychiatric assessment. It is also used for patients who are in the process of being stepped down to less intensive outpatient treatment from a hospital inpatient program, as their symptoms are decreasing and their healthy coping is improving enough to be discharged
The IOP is used for patients who require less intense treatment - two to three days a week, depending on their level of need, acuity and psychiatric assessment. It is also used for patients who are in the process of being stepped down to a less intensive treatment program, as their symptoms are decreasing and their healthy coping is increasing.
Partial Hospital Programs and Intensive Outpatient Programs tend to be helpful to those individuals who require daily involvement in a therapeutic environment for a brief period of time. The programs are an excellent resource for individuals who have been hospitalized, but may require additional support to maintain a reduction in symptoms. In addition, the programs can be used in place of hospitalization for individuals who require more than an occasional therapeutic visit and wish to remain in their own homes.
Partial Hospital Programs allow individuals to work out personal issues, practice stress management and coping skills while living at home and interacting with familiar people. Family members and friends can be involved more easily with the individual throughout the treatment process.
Problems addressed in the Partial Hospital Programs and Intensive Outpatient Programs
- Mental health problems such as:
Depression, anxiety, post traumatic stress disorder, bi-polar disorder, schizophrenia, other mental illnesses and stress or related conditions
- Medical health problems such as:
Dialysis, liver monitoring, organ transplant; potentially life threatening disease such as cancer, diabetes, Parkinson's Disease, multiple sclerosis, cardiovascular disease, hypertension, stroke, chronic or disabling pain and many less diagnosed conditions
Partial Hospital Programs and Intensive Outpatient Programs Include
Distinguished Elders Program - Addresses issues such as depression and/or anxiety of adjusting to retirement, moving from home and autonomy, loss of spouse, loss of mobility or independence, change in lifestyle, lingering medical illness, chronic pain, and abuse of medications and/or alcohol
Wellness Programs – Addresses the depression and anxiety of issues that arise from struggling with chronic medical illness; examples are heart disease, stroke, cancer, kidney failure, blindness, multiple sclerosis, and chronic pain.
Skill Building and Recovery Programs - Addresses issues such as struggling with chronic mental illness and/or substance abuse, or such problems as suicidal thoughts and other self-destructive behaviors.
Services for Partial Hospital Program and Intensive Outpatient Program Participants Include
- Assessment of symptoms
- Psychiatric Evaluation
- Evaluation of treatment options
- Group, Individual, Family Therapy
- Supervision by Psychiatrist
- Progress updates faxed weekly to referring professional
- Licensed Counselors
- Plan of Treatment with community referrals
- Aftercare services
- Transportation to and from center
- Healthy snacks and meals
- Dietary and medical monitoring
- Medication and health information by registered nurse
- Services of various medical healthcare professionals on site
- Assistance with basic needs such as housing, food, transportation, medication and social services
- Managing medical & mental health problems
- Finding life's meaning and purpose
- Coping with difficult situations
- Managing disappointment & failure
- Improving the quality of life
- Recovering from grief/loss
- Relaxation/Stress management
- Dealing with family issues
- Managing money
- Most essential is our core competence in recovery. We maintain an experienced team, advancing our company-wide objective for highly applicable and cost effective mental health treatment.
- We know how to manage a crisis. We provide a rapid response to any situation as we can quickly evaluate the problem, stabilize the condition and anticipate a positive outcome.
- We apply our skills and expertise to help motivate individuals and groups to work together for the betterment of communities.
- Our client community is diverse and varied. This diversity is reflected in our treatment staff, allowing for healthy therapeutic relationships to develop.
- We understand that other people's feelings are central to emotional well-being. Modeling this philosophy is essential for success. Our treatment programs focus on social awareness - the ability to understand and respond to the needs of others.
What Our Clients Say
Everyone made me feel welcome; the staff and clients, from my first day. If I felt lost or confused, I was pointed in the right direction or was given information to answer my questions. I had time to get adjusted to everything without feeling hurried.
Alumnus, June 2014
All aspects of the program were special. The staff was kind, well trained, professional, and experienced. Treatment was tailored to each person’s needs, complemented by group therapy. My transformation has been wonderful.
Alumnus, March 2013
InnerWisdom provided an approach to treatment that renewed my spirit, mind, and body. I would recommend the program to any of my family and friends. The environment is nurturing for anyone needing an environment for recovery.
Alumnus, Nov 2013
I am very grateful that my treatment was at InnerWisdom, Inc. This place is very special and that is because of the staff and caring environment.
Alumnus, August 2012
Fabulous treatment program! Can’t put into words how grateful I am to have had the opportunity to come here.
Alumnus, December 2012
Inner Wisdom has a Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) where patients meet in groups with a therapist on a daily schedule. Patients have a variety of mental illness diagnoses, including Bipolar Disorder, Schizoaffective disorder, Schizophrenia, and substance abuse, which interfere with their ability to live a full and productive life. Students will have the opportunity to shadow therapists, facilitate therapy groups and Psychoeducation groups, meet individually with patients, and understand the case management required by Medicare and private insurance companies. Students work under a variety of therapists and can observe different styles and strengths. A strong team approach is encouraged. Students have the opportunity to get direct experience with patients and to use their skills creatively in offering therapy.
Former Student Intern 2014