Mental Health Topics
People may not realize they are experiencing symptoms of a brain disorder or an imbalance of brain chemistry (often called a mental illness) and do not seek help. This is unfortunate, as many situations can be relieved. People may fear they have a mental problem, or they may be going crazy. This is often not the case, but stigma and fear of being labled can prevent people from seeking help. It may be useful if a temporary or chronic mental illness is suspected to read information about psychiatric disorders. Informed people are better able and willing to seek help.
Individual and group phsychotherapy can assist someone recovering from mental, emotional, or physical disorders, addictions, disabling pain and other ailments that require long-term attention.
- Most essential is our core competence in recovery. We maintain an experienced team, advancing our company-wide objective for highly applicable and cost effective mental health treatment.
- We know how to manage a crisis. We provide a rapid response to any situation as we can quickly evaluate the problem, stabilize the condition and anticipate a positive outcome.
- We apply our skills and expertise to help motivate individuals and groups to work together for the betterment of communities.
- Our client community is diverse and varied. This diversity is reflected in our treatment staff, allowing for healthy therapeutic relationships to develop.
- We understand that other people's feelings are central to emotional well-being. Modeling this philosophy is essential for success. Our treatment programs focus on social awareness - the ability to understand and respond to the needs of others.
What Our Clients Say
Everyone made me feel welcome; the staff and clients, from my first day. If I felt lost or confused, I was pointed in the right direction or was given information to answer my questions. I had time to get adjusted to everything without feeling hurried.
Alumnus, June 2014
All aspects of the program were special. The staff was kind, well trained, professional, and experienced. Treatment was tailored to each person’s needs, complemented by group therapy. My transformation has been wonderful.
Alumnus, March 2013
InnerWisdom provided an approach to treatment that renewed my spirit, mind, and body. I would recommend the program to any of my family and friends. The environment is nurturing for anyone needing an environment for recovery.
Alumnus, Nov 2013
I am very grateful that my treatment was at InnerWisdom, Inc. This place is very special and that is because of the staff and caring environment.
Alumnus, August 2012
Fabulous treatment program! Can’t put into words how grateful I am to have had the opportunity to come here.
Alumnus, December 2012
Inner Wisdom has a Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) where patients meet in groups with a therapist on a daily schedule. Patients have a variety of mental illness diagnoses, including Bipolar Disorder, Schizoaffective disorder, Schizophrenia, and substance abuse, which interfere with their ability to live a full and productive life. Students will have the opportunity to shadow therapists, facilitate therapy groups and Psychoeducation groups, meet individually with patients, and understand the case management required by Medicare and private insurance companies. Students work under a variety of therapists and can observe different styles and strengths. A strong team approach is encouraged. Students have the opportunity to get direct experience with patients and to use their skills creatively in offering therapy.
Former Student Intern 2014