People with an anxiety disorder may be faced with physical symptoms, such as shakiness, muscle aches, sweating, cold and clammy hands, dizziness, fatigue, racing heart and dry mouth. Emotionally they may feel irritable and apprehensive, fearing that bad things are about to happen to them, or they are going to die. The feelings of terror and doom may appear without notice and tend to drive the individual into acting in ways that are out of the ordinary for them under normal circumstances.
Perhaps the most noticeable consequence of anxiety is the way it can leave its sufferers practically disabled. Imagine being too frightened to get into an elevator, to go to your office, or to attend parties. At its most debilitating, anxiety can keep sufferers trapped in their homes.
Anxiety can be broken down into several different types. Many times anxiety is perceived as a physical illness such as a heart problem and can be misdiagnosed. Anxiety is treatable with a combination of medication, psychotherapy and behavior modification.
Some symptoms of anxiety are:
- Episodes of overwhelming fear, rapid heartbeat, chest pain, profuse sweating, trembling and shaking
- Fear of loosing control, going crazy, or dying
- Fear of being in a place where symptoms are observable
- Avoiding certain situations because of symptoms
- Worry about criticism
- Avoid or become extremely nervous in social situations
- Persistent feelings of apprehension, restlessness or irritability
- Find it difficult to avoid worrying
- Experience physical symptoms such as muscle spasms
- Have problems falling or staying asleep
- Experience medical problems that are hard to diagnosis (psychosomatic illness)
- Most essential is our core competence in recovery. We maintain an experienced team, advancing our company-wide objective for highly applicable and cost effective mental health treatment.
- We know how to manage a crisis. We provide a rapid response to any situation as we can quickly evaluate the problem, stabilize the condition and anticipate a positive outcome.
- We apply our skills and expertise to help motivate individuals and groups to work together for the betterment of communities.
- Our client community is diverse and varied. This diversity is reflected in our treatment staff, allowing for healthy therapeutic relationships to develop.
- We understand that other people's feelings are central to emotional well-being. Modeling this philosophy is essential for success. Our treatment programs focus on social awareness - the ability to understand and respond to the needs of others.
What Our Clients Say
Everyone made me feel welcome; the staff and clients, from my first day. If I felt lost or confused, I was pointed in the right direction or was given information to answer my questions. I had time to get adjusted to everything without feeling hurried.
All aspects of the program were special. The staff was kind, well trained, professional, and experienced. Treatment was tailored to each person’s needs, complemented by group therapy. My transformation has been wonderful.
InnerWisdom provided an approach to treatment that renewed my spirit, mind, and body. I would recommend the program to any of my family and friends. The environment is nurturing for anyone needing an environment for recovery.
I am very grateful that my treatment was at InnerWisdom, Inc. This place is very special and that is because of the staff and caring environment.
Fabulous treatment program! Can’t put into words how grateful I am to have had the opportunity to come here.
Inner Wisdom has a Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) where patients meet in groups with a therapist on a daily schedule. Patients have a variety of mental illness diagnoses, including Bipolar Disorder, Schizoaffective disorder, Schizophrenia, and substance abuse, which interfere with their ability to live a full and productive life. Students will have the opportunity to shadow therapists, facilitate therapy groups and Psychoeducation groups, meet individually with patients, and understand the case management required by Medicare and private insurance companies. Students work under a variety of therapists and can observe different styles and strengths. A strong team approach is encouraged. Students have the opportunity to get direct experience with patients and to use their skills creatively in offering therapy.
Former Student Intern