About Inner Wisdom
Recognizing the need for help and seeking professional therapy is a sign of strength and determination to live a productive and meaningful life. As a part of living our lives, we encounter situations that are difficult to manage alone. Some seek support due for a situational crisis. Others seek the treatment necessary to manage a brain disorder, commonly known as a mental illness. But whatever the reason, it is a well known fact that therapy helps.
Millions of people seek therapy every year. Through therapy, many find a renewed sense of well being and experience life-changing situations. Therapy is a mental and emotional process that uses specialized techniques that have been designed to offer effective, long-lasting help for people suffering from a wide range of difficulties, such as emotional distress, anxiety, marital strife, fears, a significant loss, or brain disorders.
Some people seek therapy to assist them in resolving life's problems, while others are looking for fulfillment, self-improvement, and personal growth. InnerWisdom, Inc. provides Treatment Programs and Outpatient Programs, including Mental Health Programs, Substance Abuse and Addictions Programs,and recovery programs for Elders, adults, adolescents and children.
Information and Treatment Philosophy - Using the Mind as an Agent for Change
InnerWisdom, Inc. practitioners and therapists work with the mind to bring long-term improvement to clients by combining the traditional and widely used methods of mental health care with those methods that may be less widely used, but are nonetheless greatly effective.
The basic principal supporting our approach to treatment is that healing is a natural process common to all life. If people pay close attention to the ways of nature, and learn to encourage their own body/mind's innate mechanisms of self-repair, they can initiate the process before severe and irreversible damage is done.
Healing is a process that relies on the three parts of the individual self, the Body, Mind and Spirit, to work in unison, and contribute equally to the overall process. Only until recently has the mind been regarded as a contributing factor in health or healing.
InnerWisdom, Inc's philosophy and treatment design is based, in part, on the theories of three men who spent their entire lives in the pursuit of the human emotional experience, and how the integration of the three parts of the self could be accomplished. The work of VICTOR EMANUEL FRANKL, CARL GUSTAV JUNG, and ABRAHAM MASLOW was an important factor in to the development of treatment programs that are provided at InnerWisdom, Inc., Counseling Center.
Why Choose Us?
- We know mental health care and we stand behind our innovative programs. We provide a holistic approach to wellness and help you manage both medical and mental health needs..
- We have access to the latest programs and advancements from healthcare insiders, allowing us to provide cutting-edge tactics for your recovery program. Staff is trained in WRAP (Wellness Recovery Action Plan) which addresses individual recovery needs with the goal of helping you return to your optimal way of living.
- We are an understanding and engaging staff dedicated to providing quality recovery which includes such approaches as pet therapy and creative and expressive arts therapy.
- We provide expert doctors, nurses and therapists who know mental health care and what works for YOU. We know that medication may be at the core of recovery efforts and we help you understand and manage your medications.
- We teach you how to manage your life and achieve your goals. We are a diverse staff serving a diverse recovering population. We can relate.
- We measure our performance - our team has an in-depth knowledge of evidence based methods for evaluating our performance and adjusting our programs to optimize your treatment results.
Meet Our Team
- Most essential is our core competence in recovery. We maintain an experienced team, advancing our company-wide objective for highly applicable and cost effective mental health treatment.
- We know how to manage a crisis. We provide a rapid response to any situation as we can quickly evaluate the problem, stabilize the condition and anticipate a positive outcome.
- We apply our skills and expertise to help motivate individuals and groups to work together for the betterment of communities.
- Our client community is diverse and varied. This diversity is reflected in our treatment staff, allowing for healthy therapeutic relationships to develop.
- We understand that other people's feelings are central to emotional well-being. Modeling this philosophy is essential for success. Our treatment programs focus on social awareness - the ability to understand and respond to the needs of others.
What Our Clients Say
Everyone made me feel welcome; the staff and clients, from my first day. If I felt lost or confused, I was pointed in the right direction or was given information to answer my questions. I had time to get adjusted to everything without feeling hurried.
Alumnus, June 2014
All aspects of the program were special. The staff was kind, well trained, professional, and experienced. Treatment was tailored to each person’s needs, complemented by group therapy. My transformation has been wonderful.
Alumnus, March 2013
InnerWisdom provided an approach to treatment that renewed my spirit, mind, and body. I would recommend the program to any of my family and friends. The environment is nurturing for anyone needing an environment for recovery.
Alumnus, Nov 2013
I am very grateful that my treatment was at InnerWisdom, Inc. This place is very special and that is because of the staff and caring environment.
Alumnus, August 2012
Fabulous treatment program! Can’t put into words how grateful I am to have had the opportunity to come here.
Alumnus, December 2012
Inner Wisdom has a Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) where patients meet in groups with a therapist on a daily schedule. Patients have a variety of mental illness diagnoses, including Bipolar Disorder, Schizoaffective disorder, Schizophrenia, and substance abuse, which interfere with their ability to live a full and productive life. Students will have the opportunity to shadow therapists, facilitate therapy groups and Psychoeducation groups, meet individually with patients, and understand the case management required by Medicare and private insurance companies. Students work under a variety of therapists and can observe different styles and strengths. A strong team approach is encouraged. Students have the opportunity to get direct experience with patients and to use their skills creatively in offering therapy.
Former Student Intern 2014